Welcome to 2016! Here we are with our New Year’s resolutions. The new year is not the only time to set new goals, but it’s definitely a great time to reflect on what you’ve accomplished in the past year and set new ones.
My New Year’s resolution is very simple: to take risks, to take on new opportunities, and to learn and grow from my experiences. Another goal of mine is to get back into my old fitness routine. The one where I will eat prepped meals and train 4-5 times a week to achieve my fitness goals. Of course, this includes 2-3 cheat meals a week (Haha). What are you trying to accomplish this year?
Besides setting new goals, I did not forget about rewarding myself for all of the accomplishments that I’d achieved in 2015:
- I created this blog
- Tried 1-2 new restaurants a week (yup, I’m a big foodie!)
- Graduated with a Bachelors of Arts – Sociology
- Purchased my first car
- Achieved a manager position at work
- Went to “I Love Poke” Festival
- Volunteered at a community centre
- Took boxing and yoga classes
- Shot and created new content for my blog weekly
- Learned how to use Adobe Lightroom
- Visited the Gum Wall (It’s been on my bucket list for a while)
- Modelled for local brands
- Biked the Seawall twice
- Took a Road trip to Squamish, Merritt and Whristler
- Hiked at five different locations
- Network and met over 150 new faces
- Featured on sidebuy.com as “Top 10 Vancouver Fashion Bloggers”
Sometimes, you need to remind yourself how amazing you are as an individual. This list was created simply to inspire myself and to stay positive in 2016. It’s a new a year and you have to make it a remarkable one Sunshine!
This is one of my favourite quotes that I’ve been hearing around a lot, “I will do things that fill my heart, mind, and body with joy and peace,” – Anonymous. Whatever you do, always stay positive and be thankful for the experiences. Here, I’m wearing pink to celebrate New Year’s on Robson Street in Vancouver, because it makes me happy and I feel warm. 🙂
PHOTOGRAPHER: MITRA BARBER